Are you tired of hair fall and lack of hair regrowth despite trying various hair care products? Have you considered turning to Ayurvedic herbs for help? In this article, we will discuss 5 Ayurvedic herbs to prevent hair fall and boost hair regrowth.
Causes of Hair Fall
Hair fall can happen due to many reasons like stress, hormonal changes, poor diet, unhealthy lifestyle, and genetics. Stress can seriously disrupt the natural growth cycle of hair, leading to hair fall.
Ayurvedic Herbs to Prevent Hair Fall and Boost Regrowth
Bhringraj (False Daisy) is a popular Ayurvedic herb rich in alkaloids and essential nutrients like Vitamin E and iron, which have magical hair benefits like strengthening hair roots, stimulating hair growth, and solving problems of split ends, and hair fall.
- Apply bhringraj oil on your scalp and hair and leave it overnight for better results.
- Alternatively, mix bhringraj powder with water or coconut oil and apply it to your hair and scalp.
Amla (Indian gooseberry) is another popular Ayurvedic herbs for hair health. It is rich in phytonutrients, vitamins such as Vitamin C, and minerals, which help increase blood circulation in the scalp, strengthen hair follicles, prevent hair fall, and promote hair regrowth.
- Consume amla juice daily or apply amla oil to your hair for its benefits, or;
- Make a hair mask by mixing equal amounts of amla powder and Shikakai powder and apply it on the scalp and hair for 30-40 minutes before washing it off with cold water.
Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) is a powerful Ayurvedic herbs containing loads of nutrients such as vitamin C, calcium and zinc that helps calm the mind and reduce stress. Brahmi not only stimulates blood flow and revitalizes hair, but it also eases anxiety, stress, insomnia, and dizziness.
- Gently massage Brahmi oil on the scalp for 10 minutes twice a week, or;
- Make and apply a pack weekly by mixing two teaspoons each of neem powder, amla powder, reetha powder, and shikakai powder in ½ cup of brahmi powder and leave it for 40 minutes, then wash it off with any herbal shampoo.
Neem (Azadirachta indica) is a medicinal Ayurvedic herbs known for its antifungal, antibacterial and regenerative properties that help treat dandruff and other scalp infections, which may be the cause of hair fall.
- Gently massage your scalp with neem oil to increase blood circulation and speed up hair growth.
- Once a week, apply a hair mask made of neem powder and coconut oil from the root to the tip of your hair and massage your scalp to increase blood circulation.
Shikakai (Acacia concinna) is an Ayurvedic herbs known for its cleansing properties. The pods, leaves, and even bark of the shikakai tree are rich in vitamins A, C, D, E, and K. It can be used in a variety of ways to prevent hairfall and nourish the regrowth of hair.
- You can apply Shikakai onto your scalp as hair oil, as a shampoo, or even as a hair mask to nourish and strengthen it.
Conclusion of Ayurvedic herbs
Ayurvedic herbs are effective in preventing hair fall and promoting hair regrowth without any harmful side effects. Incorporating an Ayurvedic hair care routine into your daily hair care regime can help you achieve healthy, shiny, and voluminous hair.